Hello, I'm Eric Turner.
I'm a freelance writer and social media manager specializing in creating content that engages and informs an audience, and building a businesses online presence in a personal and organic manner. I pride myself on excellent communication skills, and the ability to work with a client to develop a content plan that will work for them. I've been writing since the day after I learned to read, but began doing so professionally in June 2016. I write more than I speak, as I write music and novels in my free time.
Below are almost all examples of my writing and social media work, though many have been lost to time and domain registration.
Blog work is generally my favorite to do, as it allows me to write efficiently and informatively. I believe my blog work exhibits my ability to write from an informed place about any topic.
Rapid Med Urgent Care Center
With Rapid Med, I write blog posts about health issues and how to prevent them.
- Deeper Look: Thanksgiving Dinner and What It Does To You
- Healthy Fall Foods for Your Diet
- Why Keeping Your Child Warm Is Important
- Deeper Look: Common High School Health Problems
- And many more.
Working through the same agency as with Rapid Med, I work with Orthopedic Associates to create content about health issues that orthopedic surgery can solve.
- Getting Into The Spin of Things With Cycling
- Staying Active With Water Aerobics
- A Detailed Look Into Swimmer's Shoulder
- And more on the way.
Spunky Seniors Club
When I was approached to write content for lively seniors, I feared my ability to do so; however, I think I lived up to the task.
LA based hair startup Guod Hair was looking to build the page for their revolutionary product, so I was left to create SEO heavy content to help them get started.
- The Products You Need To Cover Up Thinning Hair
- Rogaine Doesn’t Work? Here’s Why That Is and What You Can Do.
- 13 Things I Wish I Knew When I Was Starting To Go Bald
Underground Flux is a blog about underground hip hop, with whom I worked to find musicians we felt should be known.
- Song of the Day: April 24, 2017
- Song of the Day: April 27, 2017
- Song of the Day: May 1, 2017
- Song of the Day: June 5, 2017
The Multi Hyphenate
On my own blog, I am currently working on a project where I interview local musicians in an attempt to spotlight the scene.
- An Interview with Oz Alone
- An Interview with Dezmatic
- An Interview with Mic Lanny
- What GaryVee Can Teach Musicians
Social Media and Copywriting
I've recently begun working with Ghost Influence founder Brian Swichkow to create content for Ranker.com's Reddit account. Here, I take bits of data they have collected and share it with Reddit to cultivate conversation and show how valuable the company can be.
Australian fashion brand Inverse Culture has a following on Instagram, but their engagement rates aren't great. Starting in December of 2017, I stepped in to help fix that. My current focus is on driving engagement with their audience through DM, and getting the brand on to their potential audience's feed. It is my belief that the best way to get onto a feed is to already be there.
Early in my career, I worked with LA based start up Popularium to create narrative non-fiction. Nearly a year later, it is still some of my favorite work.
- My Grandmother, The FBI, and Jay-Z
- The Man Who Would Be Kanye
- The Good Lies We Tell
- He Whose Eyes Do Not Blink
- The House That Plays Together
- Lords of Pokemon
The Stream Setup
At The Stream Setup, I created content to aid would be Twitch streamers in their career. This content was evergreen SEO content, for an Amazon affiliate site.
- Networking On Twitch: The Key To Grow Your Stream
- Best Games for Streaming on Twitch
- 5 Best Wireless Gaming Headsets
I've written a lot of content. Some of it has been deleted, some never got posted, but I have copies of it all.
- 2017 Capcom Cup Predictions
- AP English Language vs AP English Literature
- Where Do Bed Bugs Come From?
- More in this Google Drive.
Rates and Services
If you'd like to work with me, you can contact me through the form below or by email directly at email@example.com. I am currently accepting writing work at a rate of $0.07/word. I do not charge for revisions to a reasonable extent, though I do add $5 for adding pictures and/or a meta description to a post. Social media work varies greatly from platform to platform, for example, Reddit work will be costed similarly to my writing work, and Instagram will work cost about $5 a post. That said, my rates are always negotiable and I am happy to make your budget work.